TotalAddress is a GIS-based address management software solution. Addresses are defined as a location on a computerized map using the latitude and longitude of the location, creating a ‘point address.’ Different map ‘layers’ can be added and displayed to divide the map into separate areas, or polygons, such as parcels, districts and precincts. When layers are added, point addresses become a member of a specific polygon. For voter registration, this means that the precinct (and applicable split or sub-part) for an address is automatically determined.
TotalAddress renders the archaic street index file obsolete and allows users to visualize addresses and precinct boundaries on a map. Additionally, TotalAddress is easy to use. BPro has removed the complexity of GIS software and has developed TotalAddress so it has a short learning curve. TotalAddress can be operated by someone with standard office-level computer skills – if you can operate internet-based map products, you can operate TotalAddress.
TotalAddress is a standalone software product that can integrate with any existing voter registration system, not just BPro’s TotalVote®. It can also connect to any County or State system, such as tax and land records software to provide GIS-based address management. TotalAddress is well-suited to provide address management on a County or State-wide basis.
TotalAddress Value Propositions
- Render the Street Index File Obsolete: The archaic street index file is prone to error and difficult to maintain.
- Re-Districting is a simple process: The ability to upload proposed new district layers supports ‘what if’ simulations for redistricting.
- Visualize Address Locations: Confirm address location using map data to cross reference locations.
- Point Addresses are the future: Implementing TotalAddress will future-proof your address data with your existing system(s) and can be brought forward when you move to a new system.
- Add New Address Points: Easily add new address points as they are created or discovered.
- Manage Non-Standard Addresses: Create locations for non-standard addresses, automatically determining the districts and precincts for voters with these addresses.
- Supports Multi-Unit Structures: Multiple units can be assigned to a single address.
- Identifies Invalid Registration Locations: Track and identify commercial locations.